St Stephen’s, Norbury & Thornton Heath are committed to the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults and take our responsibilities in this regard very seriously.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officers (Hazel Pudney & Maxine Cooper) and Churchwardens (Hazel Pudney & Andrea Anderson) can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Information on safeguarding can also be obtained from local and national agencies below are some contact numbers of where to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: – 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours): Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team their contact names and numbers are below:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Kate Singleton firstname.lastname@example.org – call on 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers: Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
email@example.com – 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
firstname.lastname@example.org – call on 020 7939 9462 or Mobile 07946 255622
The latest edition of ‘A Safe Church’ can be found at
Should you prefer to view a printed form of the manual, a copy is kept behind the Churchwardens seats and the sound-desk at the rear of the church